Monday, December 12, 2011

she's making a list...

did i tell you my folks are coming up to see us for Christmas? I know....hosting a holiday is a really grown-up thing to do, so we're feeling really excited about it and a little nervous about getting everything pulled together. i made a list and have been checking it twice (or thirty two) times a day to make sure i don't forget anything.
on the list since Sunday:

design and order Christmas cards
get a tree
wrap presents
laundry
make stockings
make peanut butter balls
buy gifts for the work secret santa
mail Brett's family their gifts
decorate tree
CLEAN everything
create arrangements for bookcases
plan menu for Christmas morning
get a new outfit for cocktail party/nye
finalize boone's present

i finally finished the Christmas cards today, and I LOVE them. ;) I figured out that I had publisher on our PCs and that I could use that to create a less homemade-y postcard than the "haaaay" one...so i did.
in fact, i placed our order with Moo only minutes ago while boone put all the lights on our REAL christmas tree. that's right, folks. we've got a real tree. sure, there are only 2 weeks until Christmas, and sure, we JUST got the tree, but you can bet we're going to enjoy the hell out of it from now until then. ;)
and last night i made 5 burlap stockings... one for my mom, one for my dad, one for boone, for me, and one for smidge.
;) they aren't the fanciest things, but I MADE them, so i'm feeling pretty awesome about it.
 

i only have about a zillion more things to make happen before now and next Thursday when my family comes, but i. am. relentless.

what do you have to do to get ready for the holidays?

No comments: