Monday, May 17, 2010

belated celebration...

"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it." -- Mark Twain

i had the wonderful joy to be with my mama on mother's day... she and boone's mom were in ATL for our graduation. since we were celebrating in person (celebrating LOTS of different things) it didn't occur to me that I had wanted to celebrate online with this picture. isn't she SO pretty?

now that boone and I are packing up the apartment i've been thinking about her a lot.. this is one of the first times she hasn't been with me, helping me pack and calming me down from my panic attacks when all of my worldly possessions are strewn around the floor (turns out that i don't handle messiness and transition very well). the good news is that she taught me all about about bubble wrap, fine china, and making sure to LABEL everything, so while i'd like her to be here, boone and i are managing.

anyway, here's to mothers (one week late) and all the incredible things we've learned from them!

No comments: