Wednesday, November 18, 2009

biz and the almost terrible, kind of horrible, not very good, sort of bad day...

i had a little freak out today... nothing major, but i woke up on the wrong side of the bed, didn't get to wear my mom's vintage riding boots, snapped at boone on the way to the bus, got a million work related tasks to accomplish and realized that i am a zillion miles behind on my school work and job applications. then, as we were rushing out the door i took a look around the apartment and realized it looked like a huge mess.

HUGE. like mudslide plus windstorm huge.
i realized a long time ago that the way my living space looks is the way i am actually feeling... i try to keep things clutter free, clean, organized and usually succeed. but when life gets crazy, my house looks crazy. i've made some headway this afternoon on the physical clutter, but the mental clutter..not so much.
so, i thought i'd vent for a sec. and share a few photos of somebody's perfect, de-cluttered, clean and organized spaces.
now here's your moment of zen:

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

This is so true. Whenever I feel like I'm losing my mind, my space is a disaster. Usually, straightening things up is my way back to sanity.

Michelle said...

I second (or third) this!